Friday, January 16, 2009

A Barack Obama promise...in writing

Letter received by Dr. Laura Schlessinger and signed by President-elect Obama. She has now confirmed that she whole-heartedly supports him as our new President. Monday she will ask that her listeners pray for his success, health and safety.

(AP Wire, excerpt)

I. I will put loyalty to the highest moral principles above loyalty to persons, party, or Government department.

II. I will uphold the Constitution, laws, and legal regulations of the United States and of all governments therein and never be a party to their evasion.

III. I will give a full day's labor for a full day's pay; giving to the performance of my duties my earnest effort and best thought.

IV. I will seek to find and employ more efficient and economical ways of getting tasks accomplished.

V. I will never discriminate unfairly by the dispensing of special favors or privileges to anyone, whether for remuneration or not; and never accept, for myself or my family, favors or benefits under circumstances which might be construed by reasonable persons as influencing the performance of my governmental duties.

VI. I will make no private promises of any kind binding upon the duties of office, since I have no private word which can be binding on public duty.

VII. I will engage in no business with the Government, either directly or indirectly, which is inconsistent with the conscientious performance of my governmental duties.

VIII. I will never use any information coming to me confidentially in the performance of governmental duties as a means for making private profit.

IX. I will expose corruption wherever discovered.

X. I will uphold these principles, ever conscious that public office is a public trust.

Signed,

Barack H. Obama
January 10, 2009
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful to the Office. Pray for our nation.

 
Geo-location by Web-Stat hitcounter
Loading Map ...